Monday, July 28, 2008

Blow to US Men's Gymnastics


U.S. gymnast Paul Hamm announced on Monday he was withdrawing from the U.S. team because his broken right hand was not sufficiently healthy enough in addition to hurting his rotator cuff in his accelerated recovery effort.

"I have put my heart and soul into my comeback and done everything I could to get ready in time to compete in Beijing," Hamm said in a statement. "At this point in time, the success of the team and fairness to the team, and the alternates, is most important. While I am very disappointed, I feel I can wait no longer to make this decision."

This was surely a tough decision for the Mousekateer (if youve ever heard him speak you know what I mean) and we wish him the best and admire his sportsmanship in making this difficult decision. M-I-C "see you real soon..."

Once concelation for the Hamm family is that identical twin Morgan will still compete for team USA

No comments: