Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bruce Weber and USA Swimming?? Oh YEAH!!!


I have been following as much press for the Trials as I can. Don't bother with usaswimming.org, they are really hit and miss with their coverage so far. Best to check out NBCOlympics.com. Great coverage with interviews, pictures and videos.
I did review the media guide for the Trials which is posted at usaswimming.org. Interesting, but I would like to make one recommendation. In an effort to increase the market share that the sport of swimming captures, how about Bruce Weber shooting the Men's (and Womens if you have to) media guide and perhaps some video as well? I mean, Bruce, if youre out there, maybe you just skip over USA Swimming and put a book together of the swimmers yourself? Ive got two words for you "RYAN LOCHTE". I mean honestly! with that mug and a great butt shot, a million copies sold!
The guy is entered in 9 events this week so we can all but guarantee seeing more of this guy next month in China.
Other bodies ... I mean names from the Men's National Team to watch this week are Aaron Piersol, Ricky Berens, and Ben Wildman-Tobriner, just to name a few.
Bruce, seriously, think about it!

No comments: